Build your housing industry expertise by learning about the residential construction process from the ground up! Those in housing and construction-related fields, like vendors, suppliers, brokers, retailers, builder/remodeler company staff, REALTORs® and others will learn what it takes to build or remodel a home. With that knowledge, you will learn how to build more effective and profitable relationships with the builders and remodelers you work with. As a graduate of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe product types, current trends and stakeholders in the residential construction industry.
- Contrast and elaborate on the sales and marketing functions of the residential construction industry.
- Articulate the criticality and complexity of land acquisition and development.
- Outline types of financial tools available to support building and remodeling projects.
- Assess strategies to strengthen the relationship between suppliers and builders/remodelers.
- Explain the critical path of steps in the residential construction process
- Describe the importance of post-construction activities: closing, customer care and after-the-sale service.